Hiking and Sightseeing-Trip to Rimpar, an small town 8km north of Würzburg. I would like to invite you to this tour to the rural environment. My idea is an smaller group of max. 10 people, but it won’t be a problem if we are more.
- walking through the landscape north to Würzburg to the place of Rimpar
- If you want we would have a little lunch at a local restaurant
- we will visit the castle of Rimpar (eventually with guided tour), there are also some nice little museums in it, these are just opened every second sunday for 2 hours (free entrance, ist run voluntary)
- famous altarpiece of the Würzburgian sculptor Tilman Riemenschneider in the former monestary church in Maidbronn
- going back, passing by an battlefield of the napoleonic wars
The castle of Rimpar has a nearly 700 year old history with a close (sometimes bloody) relationship with Würzburg. You may not heared of Rimpar before, but maybe you have heared before the name of the most famous emigrants from Rimpar: the 3 Lehman brothers. They founded a bank in the United States in the 19th century. That bank collapsed in the year 2008 and triggered an global financial crisis. Lehman Brothers Inc.
|where?||meeting and anding at entrance of the main station (Würzburg Hauptbahnhof)|
|when?||at the weekend, best on sundays|
beginning before noon on a Sunday, coming back in the afternoon (e.g. 10 a.m – 4 p.m.)
|costs?||No costs, Just in case of an separate castle tour we have to pay 2-3€|
|why with me?||I know the route well and have been to the castle and the museums in it several times. |
Once I also “simultaneously” translated the castle tour into English.